Salad Lyonnaise with Poached Egg
- Trim the bottom from each head of endive lettuce. By hand, separate the leaves into individual pieces.
- Trim the bottom from each romaine heart. Cut off the top 3 inches and separate them into individual leaves. Trim the edges from each leaf and cut into 1” pieces.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl until they emulsify.
- Place the endive and romaine salad leaves in the bowl. Add the croutons and dressing. Hand-mix to coat all leaves with dressing.
- Add the pepper and mix again.
- To serve, place the dressed salad in a rimmed pasta bowl and top with a poached egg and browned pancetta.
- 2 heads curly endive lettuce
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce
For The Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons grain or Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon C&H Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 cup browned, diced pancetta