Reverse Seared Steak with Port Wine Sauce
- Preheat oven to 195 degrees.
- Brush both sides of the steaks with olive oil and coat with Nick’s magic rub.
- Place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the steaks from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to a nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes to bring to a sizzle.
- Add the steaks and reduce heat to medium.Cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- While turning, add the butter to the pan. As it melts, use a tablespoon to pour the oil and butter mixture over the steaks.
- After cooking, remove the steaks from the pan and let rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with the Mushroom and Arugula and Port Wine Sauce.
- 4 New York steaks, 12 -16 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Nick’s Magic Rub
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 recipe Port Wine Sauce
- 1 recipe Mushrooms with Arugula