Ravioli in Wild Mushroom Sauce
- While bringing a pot of water to boil to cook the ravioli, add the oil and red pepper flakes to a saucepan over medium heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- While the mushrooms cook, add the ravioli to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Add salt, pepper and Nicks magic rub to the sauce. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and parsley. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the sauce. Stir periodically while cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add the butter and parmesan, and stir until completely melted.
- Serve in a pasta bowl, topped with additional sauce.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound stemmed and sliced shiitake mushrooms or a combination of shitake, beech or button mushrooms
- 1 pound ravioli (choose your favorite filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Nick’s Magic Rub
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, chives, or thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine.
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese