Pasta with Shrimp
- Bring the water to boil in a pasta pot and cook the pasta per the directions on the package. I like to slightly undercook the pasta by one or two minutes to make it “al dente”.
- While the pasta is cooking, in large saucepan, cook the olive oil over medium heat and add the red pepper flakes and stir well. Reduce to medium heat, add the garlic and cook for one to two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped parsley and cook for one minute. Increase the heat to medium high and add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp in the pan stirring for one minute.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika. Stir together, reduce heat to medium low and cook one more minute.
- Add the wine and stir for two to three minutes, simmering over medium heat, and cook for three minutes so the wine reduces.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
- Stir together, cooking for two minutes and add the butter.
- Turn off the heat add the optional parsley, stir to combine and serve.
- 1 pound of pasta spaghetti or linguine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves of garlic, thickly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound of shrimp, shelled, devined and cut into one inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon softened, sweet butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley (optional)