Pasta with Pesto Sauce
For the Pesto Sauce:
- Process the basil, garlic, and pine nuts to a smooth paste in a food processor. Add the cheese,
salt, and pepper, and pulse to mix well.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow stream until completely mixed. Set aside.
For the Pasta:
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Add the salt and pasta and cook to the package
- Right before the pasta is ready, cook the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat until it
- Drain the pasta add to the pan with the sizzling butter and cook, stirring well, over medium heat for one more minute. Turn off the heat.
- Pour in ½ of the pesto sauce and stir well. Serve immediately.
- Bring the extra sauce to the table…. Trust me do it, you will be asked for more!
- 1 cup fresh, firmly packed, basil leaves, washed and dried
- 3 peeled garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 lb. of rigatoni, or linguine or penne or spaghetti pasta