- Cut the chicken breasts across the grain (widthwise) into three slices. Hold your knife at a twenty to thirty degree angle to the cutting board so that you slice the breasts on the bias. You will end up with oval shaped scaloppini. You will get approximately three scaloppini from each breast. Pound the slices lightly between two pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap to a thickness of ¼ inch.
- Sprinkle the chicken scaloppini with the salt and pepper and dust them lightly with flour, shaking to remove excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on high and quickly brown the chicken on both sides for two to three minutes. You might have to do this in two batches. Remove from heat, place on a platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Set the cooked chicken scaloppini aside.
- Take out a couple of tablespoons of the oil in which you have cooked the chicken and make the sauce in the same pan.
- Reheat the remaining olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic, stir for one minute. Add the chopped white onion and stir some more.
- Now add the sun-dried tomatoes and continue cooking, stirring all the ingredients together for one more minute then add the parsley and cook another minute.
- Add the white wine and continue to cook, stirring well to dislodge any brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine has reduced by two thirds.
- Stir in the chicken stock, green peas and bring the sauce to a boil then simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Return chicken to the sauce for three to five minutes or until heated through then add the butter and cook, stirring well, until it is completely melted into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the scaloppini on individual dishes or a large tray, covered with the sauce and sprinkled with parsley. Serve immediately.
- 6 pieces half chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, about 2 to 2 ½ pounds in total
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups peas, fresh or frozen, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter