Baked Ham with Marsala Glaze
For the Ham:
- A fully cooked ham approximately 7-10 lbs.
- 2 cups of rock salt
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ¼ cup of mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
Directions for the Ham:
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Score the skin of the ham in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife.
- Fill the bottom of a roasting pan with the rock salt and place the ham on top of it.
- Roast the ham in the oven for 2 hours.
- Take the ham out of the oven and brush it with the marsala glaze, then cook it for one more hour, brushing the ham with the glaze every 20 minutes.
- Let the ham rest out of the oven for 10-15 minutes then cut into serving portions.
Directions for the Glaze:
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan, cook over medium-high heat, stirring well until the glaze thickens, about 8-10 minutes. Let the glaze cool for 10 minutes before using it to brush the ham.