Grilled Skirt Steak with Tomato-Infused Marinade
- 2½ to 3 pounds skirt steak
For the marinade:
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh mint, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed
- 1 cup basil, loosely packed
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 28-ounce can Italian-style peeled tomatoes
- ½ cup Pompeian® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Pompeian® Pomegranate Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Domino® sugar
To marinate the meat:
Place all of the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor and process for 2 minutes into a smooth liquid paste. Place the meat in a large resealable plastic bag and cover with the marinade. Seal the bag and swish the marinade around to make sure it coats all of the meat. Let the meat marinate in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours—preferably overnight—turning twice.
To cook the meat:
Preheat the grill or the broiler to high.
Cook the skirt steak 4 to 6 minutes per side, according to your liking. Cover it with foil and let it rest for a few minutes.
Cut the skirt steak into slices and serve with tomato, burrata and arugula salad.