Clafouti with Fruit
- 3½ ounces butter
- 1½ ounces Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1¾ cups almond flour or finely ground almonds (If using almonds, make sure that you do not make almond butter. Add 1 tablespoon flour to the almonds and chop finely in a food processor.)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Nonstick cooking spray, such as PAM®
- 2 cups fruit of your choice (I use whatever is in season.)
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
A complicated name for a very simple dessert.
Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the almond flour and a pinch of salt. Whisk together the eggs and cream, mix in with the flour mixture, and pour into a 9-inch quiche or pie plate that has been sprayed with PAM®. Place the fruit on top of the egg-and-flour mixture and bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.